Saturday

Februaruy 25, 2012






The paper for that weekend was the weekend that fashion week ended so there was a lot of talk about new fashion trends and what not. It's also my favorite time to get the Wall Street Journal because at the end of the month it has the WSJ. Magazine! I love that magazine! For the month of February Charlotte Gainsbourg (Stephanie on the Science of Sleep) graced the cover. They talked to her about being a style icon but I didn't read it I just looked at her lovely photo shoot. I just tried to look for a link for the photos but I couldn't find one.
So anyway, My favorite article that I read was the article about all the patterns coming out this season! The designers have finally learned that plastering their initials on every piece of clothing is actually pretty tacky. Instead of all the letters, d

esigners are designing their own patterns and prints. Or if they aren't designing them per se they are cla
iming them for themselves.
For example this season Prada has designed "hot rod" cars.




Jil Sander spring 2012 has fluorescent paisley working the runway for her.
The article goes on to talk about the reason that patterns are "in" this season is because today more than ever it is a lot easier to make your patterns because of technology. There are inkjet printers that are perfect for printing on fabrics. I thought it was really cool. It kind of made me want to make my own pattern! If only I was that creative right? Here's to dreaming and wishing and hoping. I'm going to go doodle some patterns....


Proenza Schouler , Spring 2012


Erdem, Spring 2012
I got this ^ image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment