Wednesday

I Always Lose My Phone

The article I found today was tweeted by the WSJ but it's on the SmartMoney blog. The article was intriguing to me because I always lose my phone. It used to happen a lot more before I got an iPhone because I didn't use my phone as much. Just for calls and text. I used to use up to 1,000 text messages and I would STILL lose my phone all the time. But now that I have an iPhone I am always conscious about where it is because if I'm not texting, I'm checking my facebook or my twitter. Do you want to know how much I text now? At the end of last month's cycle I had used up 10,000 text messages. You probably aren't surprised. I know people that text way more than that! I have a cousin that used up 100,000 text messages at the beginning of the month. Yeah, not even at the end of the month! Back to the article, the article says that losing cell phones is costing Americans $30 billion a year!

The top 10 places for lost or stolen phones were:

  1. Coffee Shop
  2. Bar
  3. Office
  4. Restaurant
  5. Apartment & condo
  6. Grocery store
  7. Gas station
  8. Residential homes
  9. Pharmacy or drug store
  10. Park
Apartment and condo? Residential Homes? I feel like if you lose your phone at home it's not really lost, it's just misplaced. I don't think that should be on the list. Who permanently loses their phone at home? And if it wasn't lost but stolen then don't complain. Find trustworthy friends and don't let strangers touch your things.

No comments:

Post a Comment